Sunday, July 27, 2014

X-Force, Volume 4: Necrosha by Craig Kyle (Text), Christopher Yost, Clayton Crain

X Force, Vol. 4: NecroshaX Force, Vol. 4: Necrosha by Craig Kyle
My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

Oh man, this was crazy. At times, it was hard to track the fights going on, with so many different characters going at it. It's like the creators made a list of past X-Men Universe characters and threw most of them in this book. However, due to the nature of the story, there is an inherent sadness to it all. Not only sad, but creepy in the more cerebral and existential (if that's the right word) of ways. Poor James. He really goes to a dark place in this one, old griefs and horrors literally resurrected.

I freaking love this X-Force run. It's dark and bloody and visceral, but the it's also intense and gets you in the gut. There is no holding back from the team, because so much is at stake. The artwork is gorgeous. Clayton Crain is the artist, and he has a way of expressing images in a beautiful way even when the images are nightmarish and horrific. And in this series, there are plenty of both.

I can't give this a five star rating because of the fact that it was confusing and I wasn't always able to keep up with what was going on. But it's very close. Definitely 4.5 stars.

The villain is one of a kind. Truly a horrible being, with no concept of respecting life of any kind. Just understanding power and gaining more of it.

I'm going to be sad when I run out of books in this run. I know they have the Uncanny X-Force and Cable and X-Force, but the members are different. I like this team so much.

View all my reviews

No comments: