Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Team 7, Volume 1: Fight Fire With Fire by Justin Jordan, Jesús Merino (Illustrations)

Team 7, Vol. 1: Fight Fire With FireTeam 7, Vol. 1: Fight Fire With Fire by Justin Jordan

My rating: 2.5 of 5 stars


I haven't gotten the chance to research Team 7 on the DC Comics Wikia, so my comments are based solely on my experience with them in reading this book.  I have to say I was underwhelmed.  While it was nice to get some backstory on Amanda Waller, a character I am coming to respect and maybe admire a little, and some exposure to Dinah Lance, I didn't feel that drawn to any of the characters. 

I love the tag team/line up-type scenario as much as any other genre fan, but this team didn't have the cohesion I expected. Also, some members seemed to get picked off randomly and I didn't understand if that was the point (short life span) or if their deaths were canon or not.

This seems to be a compilation of various stories that don't seem to go together very well or follow each other.  Some stories I liked more than others. I did like the climactic nature of the last story.  The way things ended, it makes me want to keep reading to see what happens next.  However, I'm not sucked into this series and it wouldn't be much of a loss to drop it now.

Probably not fair to compare, but I like Suicide Squad a lot more. It has more character, energy and the craziness makes sense in a strange way, while this book had me scratching my head more than a time or two.

I think I'll have to give this one 2.5/5.0 stars.

Gonna head over and read the DC Wikia now.



View all my reviews

No comments: