Thursday, May 07, 2015

I, Vampire: Wave of Mutilation by Joshua Hale Fialkov (Goodreads Author), Andrea Sorrentino (Illustrations)

I, Vampire, Vol. 3: Wave of MutilationI, Vampire, Vol. 3: Wave of Mutilation by Joshua Hale Fialkov

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Andrew Bennett evil brings to mind Angelus from Buffy. Absolutely hateful.  I didn't enjoy seeing him that way.  I think the world is a much better place without an evil Andrew Bennett!

This is definitely dark Vampire-themed horror.  The storyline is twisty and it's not in any way predictable.  Villains become heroic and vice versa.  We get a little backstory on how human Andrew Bennett became a vampire long ago, and why Mary, his eternal bride, hates humans so much. 

Throw in some Biblical lore, such as Cain and Lilith, and some shocking losses, plus a few cameos, and I had to give this four stars. It was very good for what it is.  Don't go into this expecting sweetness and light.  This is for vampire fiction readers who like their vampires dark and depraved.





View all my reviews

No comments: