Thursday, February 19, 2009

Predatory Game by Christine Feehan


Another great Ghostwalkers book. This one had a more semi-normal tone. Boy and girl getting to know each other. Sort of, if you consider that girl is on the run from a secret agency who trained her to kill with her touch since she was a child, and boy is a super-soldier. It was sweet but at the same time, both Saber and Jess are two dangerous people you do not want to have as enemies. I thought that the direction that things went with Saber's ability was really cool. It reminded me of Rogue from the X-Men a little bit. She was such a likable heroine, and also really dangerous. I liked that she protected Jess and put her life at risk for him, even at times when she wasn't sure she could trust him. I liked how Jess fell in love with Saber early on and wanted to make a home for her and for her to feel comfortable enough to stay with him. He took things slow so that he didn't rush her. In that way, it was a sweet book. But when things start to escalate, this book is just as intense as the other Ghostwalkers book. It was great to see that things worked out for Jess, after reading about how he lost the use of his legs and how awful that was. It's funny how he played all sweet and harmless but you realize that he is far from that, even though he has to use a wheelchair. Again, not a guy I would want as an enemy. He is a powerful Ghostwalker with abilities that remind one of Charles Xavier and Jean Grey from the X-Men, which I thought was really cool. He's also a computer genius type as well. And he's hot. Did I mention he was a Navy SEAL? THUD! Where can I get one of him? It was nice to see Ken and Mari again, and to see that they are going well. And to see Lily give birth to the first of the second generation of Ghostwalkers. I am just as addicted as ever to this series, but since I only have one left, I am going to try to hold off on reading that one and read something else because I cannot imagine the void in my life with no Ghostwalker books to look forward to.

No comments: