Wednesday, August 20, 2014

X-Men Legacy: Necrosha by Mike Carey (Text), Laurence Campbell (Illustrator), Clay Mann (Illustrator), Yanick Paquette (Illustrator)

X-Men Legacy: NecroshaX-Men Legacy: Necrosha by Mike Carey
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I think I've proven to myself that I much prefer the X-Force books to the regular X-Men crews. I don't know if it's just because the X-Force is so no-holds barred, the team members or what it is. I did like this book. I missed seeing Rogue and this has a lot of her. Interesting team dynamic, with Magneto part of the team, and a strange sort of sexual/romantic tension between him and Rogue. I was a bit weirded out by that. I was confused about some aspects, particularly Proteus's ability to take over the team members, and how he became a player in this storyline. I wasn't able to follow all the parts of the story, either. I think the writer assumed the readers had more background on current events with the X-Men than I have. Of course, I am up to speed with the X-Force storyline. Destiny is a very intriguing character. I would like to read more of her past storyline. And Blindfold is interesting as well. The artwork is gorgeous throughout the collection.

I don't think this ties in very well with the X Force, Vol. 4: Necrosha, so I would say to readers who started out following that storyline that they don't need to track this one down. If you're a fan of the X-Men, knock yourself out.



View all my reviews

No comments: