Wednesday, August 13, 2014

X-Force, Volume 2: Old Ghosts by Craig Kyle, Mike Choi (Illustrator), Sonia Oback (Illustrator)

X-Force, Vol. 2: Old GhostsX-Force, Vol. 2: Old Ghosts by Craig Kyle
My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

"Old Ghosts" is representative of the dark and intense tone of this run of X-Force. I really like this series. I think the art and narrative mesh seamlessly to create an impressive end product. X-Force is about putting everything to the test and committing your very all to the cause. Someone is going to die if you do nothing, so do something and let it be the bad guys who die. While X-Men won't stoop to this level, there needs to be a mutant group who will do the dirty work, and that's where the X-Force comes in. And with enemies like theirs, I don't have a lot of moral misgivings about that. I love this team, and I was jazzed to see Domino show up. She fits right in with these guys. She's actually surprised at how lethal the X-Force has become, but she soon realizes exactly what they are up against.

The action is incredible, and while this book is very violent and bloody, it feels appropriate to the storyline.

I am getting over being kind of burned out on the X-Men, and reading this run of X-Force is helping me tremendously with that. At this point, I am definitely a big fan of the X-Force.

Thumbs way up.

Overall rating: 4.5/5.0 stars.

View all my reviews

No comments: