Saturday, August 16, 2014

Captain America and Black Widow by Davis Bunn, Francesco Francavilla (Illustrations)

Captain America and Black WidowCaptain America and Black Widow by Cullen Bunn
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Another super-late review. Black Widow and Captain America team up to pursue an intergalactic 'entrepreneur' who has managed to make partnerships with all her counterparts across the multiverse. At first, I didn't get what was going on. Eventually, I got a clue that there was more than one version of Kashmir Venemma, and that Black Widow was set on eliminating each one she found.

I think this book could have been better written. The concept of multiverses is intriguing, and I was looking forward to seeing Black Widow and Captain America on a duo adventure, but mainly I just felt confused and a bit weirded out.

I liked the artwork, although the palate is limited and muted (a series of darker blues, reds, tans, blacks and browns). It works with the weirdness of this story.

I hope to read more Black Widow titles in the future.



View all my reviews

No comments: