Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Cable and X-Force, Vol. 1: Wanted by Dennis Hopeless (Text), Gabriel Hernandez Walta (Illustrations), Salvador Larroca (Illustrations)

Cable and X-Force, Vol. 1: WantedCable and X-Force, Vol. 1: Wanted by Dennis Hopeless

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I picked this up mainly for Domino, one of my girl crushes.  I like the previous incarnation of X-Force (Yost and Kyle), and I didn't have high expectations for this (just grabbed it because this is available at my library).  However, it was pretty good.  My biggest complaint is I had trouble following the storyline.  Don't know if it was me or the layout.  I have a head cold, so it might be a problem with focusing for me right now.  I actually liked this team-up more than I expected.  I like Doctor Nemesis.  His look is iconic, and I like his mad scientist vibe. Cable is such a dynamic, powerful figure.  Hope felt underused in this, so that's a detractor for me.  The storyline was kind of crazy, about an anti-mutant fast food entrepreneur engineering a viral plague/food-born illness to start a war between mutants and non-mutants. I like a little crazy, so I was cool with this.  I just had trouble following the story.  Now that I think about it, maybe the art could be more distinctive in contrasts. The colors were all similar to me.  It looked blurry to me, and the lettering was kind of small and blocky for my tastes.

I'll keep reading this series, since my library has them.  It doesn't live up to my other X-Force team (and I really miss Wolverine and X-23), because they are a very hard act to follow.



View all my reviews

No comments: