Wednesday, August 13, 2014

JLA, Volume 2: The Villain's Journey rney Justice League, Vol. 2 by Geoff Johns Justice League, Vol. 2: The Villain's Journey by Geoff Johns, Jim Lee (Illustrator), Scott Williams (Illustrator), Gene Ha (Illustrator), Carlos D'Anda (Illustrator), Ivan Reis (Illustrator), Ethan Van Sciver (Illustrator), David Finch (Illustrator)

Justice League, Vol. 2: The Villain's JourneyJustice League, Vol. 2: The Villain's Journey by Geoff Johns

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I liked this a lot.  I'm glad, since I wasn't that fond of the first JLA adventure I read.  This book captures the darker side of being a superhero, and asks, "What happens afterward?"  A writer whose family was caught in a crisis that the JLA successfully resolves, comes down with a mysterious affliction that causes their premature deaths. David Graves is grief-stricken and enraged by the experience, seeking revenge. He comes across a mystical force that allow him to harness the angry ghosts around him to destroy the league. 

The artwork was very good, conveying the dark storyline and the action.  I liked the way all the Leaguers were drawn.  Of course, I am a huge Green Arrow fan, so it was great to see him show up (although he is Connor, Oliver's son).

Overall, I don't have any complaints with this graphic novel.  I think that this is accessible to people who are crossing over from the DC Comics movies and TV shows to the comic books.



View all my reviews

No comments: