Friday, August 22, 2014

Justice League, Vol. 3: Throne of Atlantis by Geoff Johns, Ivan Reis (Illustrator) Geoff Johns, Ivan Reis (Illustrator)

Justice League, Vol. 3: Throne of AtlantisJustice League, Vol. 3: Throne of Atlantis by Geoff Johns

My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars


Wonder Woman tries to save a friend from the dark path she's chosen. And there is all-out warfare between the surface world and the Kingdom of Atlantis, when a submarine is sabotaged and fires on the underwater city. Good thing the Justice League is ready to stand in the gap!

I thought this was a pretty good graphic novel. The artwork was very well done. The opening story featuring Wonder Woman trying to redeem Cheetah was good. I didn't have a lot of information on her backstory, but now I know how Barbara Ann Minerva becomes the super-villainess Cheetah. That was pretty interesting.

I liked the large role that Cyborg plays in the battle against Atlantis invading forces. Arthur aka Aquaman is put in a very uncomfortable position of having to fight against his own people and even his brother, Orm. I especially liked when some secondary JL members were activated, including one of my personal favorites, Zatanna.

I'm not sure why I'm not enjoying the JL books as much as some other comics, since I am a huge fan of the JL from the animated shows and movies. I won't give up. Maybe it's just the writers and the stories that aren't working for me.

Overall rating: 3.5/5.0 stars.



View all my reviews

No comments: