Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Secret Avengers, Vol. 1: Reverie by Nick Spencer (writer)

Secret Avengers, Vol. 1: ReverieSecret Avengers, Vol. 1: Reverie by Nick Spencer
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Words to describe this: interesting, confusing, complicated, obsfuscating. That's a good start. I agree that readers who have come to the Avengers from the movie might like this. It also has some gems for long-term readers, characters that you won't know who they are unless you have followed the comic book storylines. I think the biggest strength of this novel is that you get to visit with characters you may have become fond of in the movie and who might not have gotten as much screentime. The downside is the story is pretty confusing. I will pick up the next volume and see if I feel like I have a clue about what's going on better in that one.



View all my reviews

No comments: