Thursday, October 02, 2014

Batman: Arkham Unhinged, Vol. 4 by Karen Traviss (Goodreads Author), Derek Fridolfs, Various (Illustrations)

Batman: Arkham Unhinged, Vol. 4Batman: Arkham Unhinged, Vol. 4 by Karen Traviss
My rating: 2.5 of 5 stars

I had no idea this was the fourth book in the series. I grabbed it off the shelf, thinking it was the follow up to Batman: Arkham City. It does seems like it does pick up soon after that book ended.

Overall, I was bored with this graphic novel. Not very much happened. It was more of a mystery/police procedural, which isn't bad in itself. However, there was no real excitement or build in the story. I found myself just trying to finish it.

For those who ship Batman and Catwoman, there were some interesting flirting bits. Bats is different with her. I don't know if indulgent is the right word. He seems more emotive than usual, at any rate.

My verdict is I didn't care that much for this book. It wasn't terrible, although I wasn't that fond of the way Bats is drawn. Just kind of middle of the road for me.

Overall rating: 2.5/5.0 stars

View all my reviews

No comments: