Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Justice League Dark, Volume 3: The Death of Magic by Jeff Lemire

Justice League Dark, Vol. 3: The Death of MagicJustice League Dark, Vol. 3: The Death of Magic by Jeff Lemire
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

A disappointing follow up to The Books of Magic. I didn't like the storyline much in this one. I felt the story built up to an exciting plateau, but to me, the conclusion wasn't that well done. I feel like that was a nod to Harry Potter, which is kind of fun. And all the magic creatures looking to young Andrew as their lost leader.

I kind of liked the "What If" when the team lands in the anti-magic kingdom, where their powers don't work. Even Constantine can't lie or dissemble. That was funny, since Constantine is the most honest and forthright you'll ever see him in his life. Kind of felt bad for Deadman and Madame Xanadu since being in the place was particularly bad on them both.

Yeah, I don't remember much else because it's been so long since I read this. Just that it wasn't as good as the last volume. I'll keep reading though.

View all my reviews

No comments: