Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Animal Man, Volume 1: The Hunt by Jeff Lemire, Travel Foreman (Illustrator), John Paul Leon (illustrator), Steve Pugh (Illustrator)

Animal Man, Vol. 1: The HuntAnimal Man, Vol. 1: The Hunt by Jeff Lemire
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I picked this up because I've been reading Swamp Thing and the story seems to cross over--the war is between the Green and Red versus the Rot. Honestly, I didn't like the artwork at all. It made an already gruesome and disturbing story moreso. The drawings were so squiggly and unappealing, and the colors were too muted for my tastes. If the creators were going for a horror tale, they achieved their goal. I love animals, so I like the idea of Buddy (and his daughter) having a connection to the animal web of life, but I hated how the Rot distorts this.

I am on the fence about continuing this series. I think I prefer the Swamp Thing execution. I'm hoping that Buddy and his family will show on that side and I can get a different and in my mind better perception of the Animal Man concept.

Unfortunately, the artwork was such a turnoff, I had to give this one 2.5/5.0 stars.



View all my reviews

No comments: