Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Suicide Squad, Volume 3: Death is for Suckers! by Adam Glass, Various (Illustrations)

Suicide Squad, Vol. 3: Death is for SuckersSuicide Squad, Vol. 3: Death is for Suckers by Adam Glass

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Wow, this was intense.  I definitely liked it better than Volume 2.  Harley definitely has some relationship drama to work through (when an old boyfriend shows up).   I am finding I really like Harley, although it's a strange thing to say.  I guess it's because I don't see her murdering innocent people in panel (well, sort of). I'm sure if I did, my opinion would change. I like the way she handles her old flame who is as crazy as crazy can be.

The beginning is the resolution to the massive cliff the creators dropped us off at the end of the last volume.  I was really worried, but I thought that the bad news at the end of the last volume wouldn't be the end, and I was right, but then something crazy happens at the end of this volume. It's never-ending!

I really like the artwork in this series. It's bright and energetic and crazy! It matches the insanity of this storyline.  Team X is continually put into the fire, and this time is no different.  You can really live vicarously through the Team X members, especially if you have slightly homicidal urges and like to go on rampages in the name of justice (sort of).  Let's hope you don't have homicidal urges though. Let's just say if you want an adrenaline rush graphic novel series, then this one might meet your needs.

I never know what to expect in this series, and I like that about it.  I hope my library keeps getting these.



View all my reviews

No comments: