Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Irredeemable, Volume 4 by Mark Waid, Peter Krause (Illustrator)

Irredeemable, Vol. 3Irredeemable, Vol. 3 by Mark Waid

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Plutonian's excesses and crimes against humanity escalate with each volume, and more pieces of the puzzle are revealed to the reader. In this book, we get in the head of the young boy that Plutonian once was.  His past is definitely a huge trigger for the future mental breakdown. It's terrible that such a physically powerful person could lose his grip on sanity, and this book depicts that horrible state of affairs.

We also learn about Bette Noir's connection with Plutonian.  Bette made some mistakes in her relationship with Plutonian and she has to live with that fact.  Too bad it added to his psychotic break. It's a lot of guilt to carry.  But at least her interlude with Plutonian gives the Paradigm a potentially powerful asset to use against him. 

There is a new adversary for the team to face in a government sponsored bounty hunter with a very demonic nature. 

I didn't like the demonic bounty hunter part at all.  It just rubbed me the wrong way.  But overall, I am still captivated with this series, although it does leave my nerves feeling very raw.  the good news is I can close the book and be grateful that it's just fiction.



View all my reviews

No comments: