Thursday, September 04, 2014

Punisher: Enter the War Zone by Greg Rucka (Text), Marco Checchetto (Illustrations), Carmine Di Giandomenico (Illustrations)

Punisher: Enter the War ZonePunisher: Enter the War Zone by Greg Rucka

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I love this series like crazy.  Rucka brings it. He shows all the angles on the Punisher and his partner, Rachel Cole-Alves. How they don't lack morality, but have an extreme sort of ethos that drives them to do what they do and not to be swayed by anything.

The heat is on as the Avengers are put on the trail of the Punisher. They all demonstrate varying levels of being conflicted about taking him down. Some feel that what he does is absolutely valid, and others feel that his murdering is no better than other criminals.

This story arc makes me think about vigilantism and why people feel warranted to take the law in their hands. I won't go into my own thoughts, but I will say that Rucka makes me support Castle and Cole-Alves and their endeavors, and I am firmly on their side.  I think that that's good storytelling where you can become a part of the character's story and process what they are doing and going through.

As always, the artwork is beautiful.  The artist's ability to capture expression and action effortlessly is impressive.

I hope to see more Punisher stories by Rucka in the future.





View all my reviews

No comments: