Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Irredeemable Vol.6 by Mark Waid, Peter Krause

Irredeemable, Vol. 6Irredeemable, Vol. 6 by Mark Waid
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Is it fair to review this when I accidentally read these out of order? I figured I probably should before I forget what I read.

I thought I had read volume five, but I was wrong, and I realized it fairly soon after I started reading it.

Waid is a tricky fellow. He has some moments where you feel just as delusional as Plutonian does. I couldn't figure out what was really happening. The other lowdown thing he does is have me feeling kinda sorry for Plutonian. Yeah, I wish I didn't. He's a really bad guy. But at the same time, he has some pathology that makes you a softhearted person which things had gone differently for him.

Although this was weird as all get out, and it has quite a few sexual deviants in it, I ended liking this volume more than I previously expected. It was freaky weird, and gave me a different vantage point. I needed it though, because I thought I had maxed out on how much I could despise Plutonian, and I wondered where it could go next. It looks like it can go very far.



View all my reviews

No comments: