Sunday, October 10, 2010

Claiming His Runaway Wife by Yvonne Lindsay

Claiming His Runaway Bride (Silhouette Desire, #1890)Claiming His Runaway Bride by Yvonne Lindsay

My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars


This book had the promise to be very dramatic and exciting, but it didn't quite get to that level. It was a bit dry, in fact. I was hoping I wouldn't have to put it aside, and perservered; when finally things did start to pick up. I do have to say that the love scenes were good. I think that I would have liked it more, if we had seen the angst that Luc hid in his heart a little sooner. The focus was on the anmesia angle more than the hidden intensities of Luc's feelings for Belinda. You got the feeling he was a ruthless, possessive, determined man, but you don't quite know why he feels that way about Belinda soon enough. Towards the end, it got pretty good. I could see why Belinda reacted the way she did, and Luc did exactly what I hoped he would do. That part almost made the book four stars. But, since it was so draggy at first (and being bored is the kiss of death to me as a reader), I'd have to give this one 3.5 stars. Ms. Lindsey has some good ideas, and she does a great job with the sexual tension. And, she writes a very good hero. So, I'll definitely read more of her books.



Overall rating: 3.5/5.0 stars



View all my reviews

No comments: