Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Dark Desire by Christine Feehan

Dark Desire (Carpathians, #2) Dark Desire by Christine Feehan


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
There is something about the way that Christine Feehan writes. I think she really pours her heart into her stories. There is so much intensity there. This was a really interesting, enjoyable read. I can't say it's my favorite Feehan because I am so in love with the Ghostwalkers. But I must say that Feehan's take on vampires really captivated me and sucked me in. I find that I am becoming a big fan of vampire romance, and this book probably helped to push me over the edge.



Jacques is one tortured character. Gosh, what he suffered. Shea is probably just slightly less tortured, and she really gives herself and sacrifices herself for Jacques. This book has some dark, violent moments, and you probably shouldn't read this if you are squeamish about violence. But it absolutely fits and is in no way gratuituous. The Carpathians lead very dark hopeless lives until their lifemates come to save them. Definitely a book for the fan of fated to be mated pairs (which I am).



Let me just say that I am hooked on these Carpathian books, even though I can't say this was my favorite book. Again, something about the way Feehan spins a yarn. Do read this book if you like tortured heroes and determined, fiercely intelligent, good-hearted heroines.


View all my reviews.

No comments: