Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Hounded by Kevin Hearne

Hounded (Iron Druid Chronicles, #1)Hounded by Kevin Hearne

My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars


Ten Things I liked/loved about Hounded and the Whys:



1. Sexy, redheaded Irish hero. Why, because I have a thing for red-headed guys, and I am a proud person of Irish ancestry, so I think Irish people are cool!

2. Hero is a druid who can also kick butt like nobody's business. Why, because I love characters who can kick butt, and druids are so mysterious and underutilized in contemporary fantasy.

3. The hero communicates with his dog. Why, because I am crazy about animals, I love the human/animal bond, and I thought Oberon was freaking hilarious with his obsessions with sniffing butts, sausage, and French Poodles.

4. Celtic Mythology. Why, well that goes back to my love of the Irish and the Celts (and mythology in general). Um, I do have to say that I prefer my Christian deity, because I don't trust those Celtic gods as far as I can throw them (no offense to those who believe in Celtic pantheism).

5. The Arizona setting. Why? I hate hot weather, but the desert has a raw beauty that appeals. Hearne does it very well here, and not too many books that I've read were set in Arizona.

6. The variety of magical elements and beasties here. Why, because I am a fantasy nerd. Enough said!

7. Swords and swordfighting. If you don't know, I can't tell you why this is cool.

8. Werewolves. Why? I love werewolves. I just do. And these are Scandinavian werewolves, even cooler!

9. Wicked witches. Why, because I like to read books with wicked witches!

10.This book was laugh out loud funny. Why? I love to laugh.



Bonus: Dang, Atticus has some good lawyers!



If you haven't read this book and you enjoy all most at least 60% of what I listed, you should read this book.



In all seriousness, I really enjoyed this book. I had a ball reading it! Highly recommended.



Rating: 4.5/5.0 stars



View all my reviews

No comments: