Sunday, December 13, 2015

Harley Quinn Vol. 2: Power Outage by Amanda Conner, Jimmy Palmiotti, Chad Hardin (Illustrations)

Harley Quinn Vol. 2: Power Outage (The New 52)Harley Quinn Vol. 2: Power Outage by Amanda Conner
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I'm coming to the realization that I do like the Suicide Squad incarnation of Harley more than the one in her solo outing in this run. I think that this solo series is geared towards readers who want a more goofy version of Quinn. I can deal with the fact that she's not really a hero, more appropriately classed as a villain, but her mayhem in this series is played for laughs and that's hard to get behind for me.

Many times, the story was hard to follow and downright incomprehensible. I did like the team-up with an amnesiac Power Girl, for the most part, except for a few too many crass jokes. I think that the saving grace for this volume was the incredible artwork. I was inspired to do yet another drawing of Harley Quinn. What can I say, her aesthetic really appeals to me. I will probably keep reading these, even though they aren't my favorite. At least to fill the gap between Suicide Squad volumes.

View all my reviews

No comments: