Thursday, June 25, 2015

Daredevil: The Devil's Hand by Andy Diggle, Roberto de la Torre

Daredevil: The Devil's HandDaredevil: The Devil's Hand by Andy Diggle

My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars


Wow, this is the really real. To think that Daredevil agrees to lead the Hand.  Things must be pretty dire for Daredevil to get in bed with the enemy.  Well things are.  Hell's Kitchen is looking a lot like the real thing, and Murdock realizes that conventional methods of obtaining justice are doomed to fail.  He's willing to take extreme measures, but like Frank Sinatra, he's going to do it "My Way."  Beware of best laid plans, Matt.

This was a really good graphic novel.  It was very intense, and the artwork was fantastic.  The artist has managed to use color and shade to convey the grim world of Daredevil.  There are some scenes that feel very grand, with Daredevil, and the Hand bowing at his feet.  The action sequences are awesome and fluid.  I can't say enough about how much I liked the artwork.

The writing is equally strong.  I think that anything with ninjas and katana makes me heart sings, and I feel that the writer I think this is very near to being a five star book. The story had me on the edge of my seat, and while Daredevil can more than take care of himself, he's deep in the lion's den and his enemies are many and employ any tactics necessary to destroy him, those he loves, and seek to dominate and conquer by any means necessary.  The tension is off the charts, and I hope that my library has the next volume.

I think if I wasn't being so stingy with fives it would be.  It's darn near close.

Overall rating: 4.5/5.0 stars.



View all my reviews

No comments: