Sunday, April 19, 2015

Suicide Squad, Volume 5: Walled In by Matt Kindt (Goodreads Author), Patrick Zircher (Illustrations)

Suicide Squad, Vol. 5: Walled InSuicide Squad, Vol. 5: Walled In by Matt Kindt

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I was so thrilled that my library has this. I had to wait a while before it came in, but by and large, it was worth the wait. This story is so twisty. The established 'norm' of the Suicide Squad is totally disrupted, and Amanda Waller is forced to call in the Squad to protect her from enemies within the prison.  I think that if you didn't get the idea that these folks are not the good guys already, you will get a wakeup call in this volume.  Yeah, they are all killers and criminals, and it's not a case of them being a little bit morally compromised, but instead it's how far over the line they really are.

I think this volume was the most creepy to me.  Part of it is that sense of paranoia about not knowing who you can trust (yeah, if you're going to trust any of these people, including Waller), but also the fact that Waller is locked in the prison with lots of people who want her dead, and she's not in control of the situation anymore.  And one of the few people in her corner is an extremely intelligent psychotic who's semi-obsessed with her.

Waller isn't a nice woman. She's very manipulative and opportunistic, but I kind of felt afraid for her.  Yeah, I'm a soft touch.

I really hope this series continues! Can't wait to see what happens next.



View all my reviews

No comments: