Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Revising An Earlier Post on My Romance Reading Tastes

I was reading my blog and found that I had posted about some questions on reading tastes off the AAR website. I thought I'd refresh and see if my answers changed. Let me preface this by saying it is very hard for me to settle on just one of anything. But here is what I came up with. I added some urban fantasy questions because that is a new favorite genre of mine.

Favorite Romance: Lord of Scoundrels by Loretta Chase
Favorite Romance Author: Anne Stuart
Favorite Funny: I wish I read more funny romances. I read books with some funny moments.
Most-Hanky Read: tie between Sweet Lullaby by Lorraine Heath and Lover Awakened by JR Ward
Most Luscious Love Story: Anything by Lisa Kleypas
Most Tortured Hero: Zsadist from Lover Awakened by JR Ward
Feistiest Heroine: Jessica Trent from Lord of Scoundrels by Loretta Chase
Favorite Hero: Tie between Marquess of Dain, Lord of Scoundrels by Loretta Chase, Roger "Sam" Starrett from Team 16 books by Suzanne Brockmann, and Ben "Ice Man" Richards from A Personal Matter by Karyn Langhorne
Favorite Heroine: Jessica Trent from Lord of Scoundrels by Loretta Chase
Favorite Couple: tie between Jessica Trent and Sebastian Ballister from Lord of Scoundrels and Bailee and Carter McKoy from The Texan's Wager
Favorite Family: Tie between The Montgomery/Taggarts by Jude Deveraux and Kresley Cole's MacRieves and the MacCallisters by Kinley MacGregor. If I could count The Black Dagger Brotherhood I might try. :)
Most Annoying Hero or Heroine: The hero from The Velvet Promise by Jude Deveraux. I hated him so much that it's the only JD book I actually gave away. What a total bastard (pardon my French)
Best Discovery/Buried Treasure: Teresa Medeiros
Your Biggest Glom (you try to buy all her books): Anne Stuart
Best Villain: Right now it's Stryker from the Dark Hunter books because I'm trying to figure out how he's going to be a hero in his own story. Well I guess I might also count Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer because he is on 12-13 yrs old when the series starts and he is a criminal genius.
Favorite Medieval: Born in Sin by Kinley MacGregor
Favorite Regency: Tallie's Knight by Anne Gracie
Favorite European Historical: Other than Lord of Scoundrels I would say My Darling Caroline by Adele Ashworth or Devil in Winter by Lisa Kleypas
Favorite American/Western Historical Romance: The Texan's Wager by Jodi Thomas
Favorite Contemporary Romance (nonparanormal): A Personal Matter by Karyn Langhorne
Favorite Series Romance: The Soldier and The Baby by Anne Stuart
Favorite Romantic Suspense: Ritual Sins by Anne Stuart
Favorite Other Romance/Paranormal Romance: Lover Awakened by JR Ward/A Hunger Like No Other by Kresley Cole
Author You Gave Up On: Catherine Coulter/Brenda Joyce
Author Others Love That You Don't: Nora Roberts
Most Disappointing Read: Out of Sight by Cherry Adair
Worst Read: I can't really say right now. I don't read a lot of really bad books, thankfully.
Most Purple Prose: Sinful Secrets by Thea Devine
Favorite Virgin Hero: Sin MacCallister from Born in Sin by Kinley MacGregor
Favorite Bad-boy Hero: Justin Kinmurrie, Duke of Kylemore from Claiming the Courtesan by Anna Campbell. He kidnaps the heroine and, um, doesn't take no for an answer. But he was a compelling hero.
Favorite Bad-girl heroine: Ghislaine de Lorgny from A Rose at Midnight by Anne Stuart. She starts the book trying to kill the hero.
Favorite Non-Romance with Romantic Themes: Tinker by Wen Spencer
Favorite Urban Fantasy: Nightlife by Rob Thurman
Favorite Urban Fantasy hero: Tie between Harry Dresden by Jim Butcher and John Taylor by Simon R. Green
Favorite Kickbutt Heroine: Joanne Walker from Urban Shaman by CE Murphy

Okay I think that's what my answers are, for now, anyway...

No comments: