Saturday, June 20, 2015

Lazarus, Volume 2 by Greg Rucka (Writer), Michael Lark (Artist)

Lazarus, Vol. 2: LiftLazarus, Vol. 2: Lift by Greg Rucka

My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars


I had trouble rating this because it lacks the impact of the first volume.  Forever seems to get lost in the shuffle, and she was less defined as a character.  Although I felt the flashbacks give more insight into Forever's relationship with her 'father.'  The new storyline about the Barrett family, who have to leave their homestead and travel to the city was interesting, but also sad. At first I didn't get how it tied into the main story, but their paths intersect with Forever in a very pivotal way. It will be interesting to see where their story leads next.

I still like Forever's character a lot and will keep reading this for her.  I think without her as a focus, the story is much less interesting though. I'm not much of a fan of post-apocalyptic/dystopian fiction, but I love women warriors/kickbutt artists like a house on fire.  Rucka seems to like them as much as I do.

Overall rating: 3.5/5.0 stars.



View all my reviews

No comments: