Sunday, January 11, 2015

The Shekih's Impatient Virgin by Kim Lawrence

The Sheikh's Impatient VirginThe Sheikh's Impatient Virgin by Kim Lawrence
My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

Conflicted feelings about this one. I thought Karim was a major jerk to Eva. He was so judgmental towards her (pretty much because he had unresolved feelings towards his deceased wife). Eva, I liked, but I wish that her profound attraction to Karim didn't make her such a tongue-tied punching bag.I don't mind sweet and meek heroines, but I think I prefer heroines who will stand up for themselves more than Eva did. I would have liked her to be a little more spunky and come back at Karim when he was being a tool towards her. I think I would have enjoyed this book more if there wasn't this emotional inequality in their relationship.

I could feel some significant sympathy for Karim in his situation, but I don't like when innocent people are used as a punching bag. Such was the case for Karim's treatment of Eva. She made it clear that she didn't want to be married any more than he did. He was the one who ended up at her place. I can't recall that he ever apologized for the misunderstanding even when he found out how he had ended up there.

The ending and their first time together were sweet, and I did like Karim's devotion to his daughter.

I'd have to give this one 3.5/5.0 stars.

View all my reviews

No comments: