Thursday, October 23, 2014

Wolverine: Origins Vol. 1: Born in Blood by Daniel Way, Steve Dillon (Artist)

Wolverine: Origins Vol. 1: Born in BloodWolverine: Origins Vol. 1: Born in Blood by Daniel Way
My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

I'm delving deep into Wolverine's origin stories and finding some dark places in his past. Wolverine has done plenty of his share of dirty deeds, and he has his share of regret. He wants to make things right. He created a killer for the US government, and realized that it wasn't too different from the forces that shaped him.

It was really dark seeing what Wolverine did in this part of his past, and the repercussions. I think that this tragic and dark past is part and parcel of what makes him the unique hero that he is, so I find that reading this saddens me, but it also makes me understand why the Wolverine of the present is so determined to fight for justice in his own way.

Not for the faint of the heart, but integral to the story of Wolverine. Some pretty cool cameos by others in the Marvel Universe.

Overall rating: 3.5/5.0 stars.



View all my reviews

No comments: