Thursday, October 23, 2014

Justice League of America, Vol. 1: World's Most Dangerous by Geoff Johns

Justice League of America, Vol. 1: World's Most DangerousJustice League of America, Vol. 1: World's Most Dangerous by Geoff Johns
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I thought this was pretty good, once I got beyond the misconception that JL and JLA was the same. That Amanda Waller is a master schemer and manipulator. I feel that Steve Trevor is in a tough spot. I don't think he's completely against the Justice League (he still has feelings for Diana), but Waller is playing on his concern for Diana and his jealousy over her being involved with Superman, and the fact that Steve isn't a super and therefore couldn't work out with Diana in the long run.

The team that they put together is interesting. I hope my library continues to carry this so I can see where the story goes next. I actually liked Catwoman in this book, so I am convinced to try her New 52 series.

I was a bit confused on some aspects. It's hard with these action and character-packed stories to keep up with everyone. But overall, I felt the story was cohesive, and I liked how it continued the arc from Justice League, Vol. 4: The Grid and showed the JLA side (and dealt with some of my confusion over JL versus JLA).

I wasn't too excited about the first JL titles I read, but I am starting to like these graphic novels more and more.

I'd recommend this title.



View all my reviews

No comments: