Friday, January 25, 2013

Claiming His Wedding Night by Lee Wilkinson

Claiming His Wedding NightClaiming His Wedding Night by Lee Wilkinson

My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars


This was pretty good but not great.  I liked Lee Wilkinson's descriptive writing.  I felt like I was within the story, seeing everything in technicolor.  I liked how I slowly saw more and more of Jared as a person. Although from the beginning, I could tell he was crazy about Perdita. I find a hero who is crazy in love a sure fire way to elevate a book to a higher level.  Can't help it. It's my 'button'.  In this case, this is the strong point of this book. Again, not that it's bad. I just felt that Perdita was a bit harder to identify with. I mean I can understand that she took a lot on faith from people who she thought were trustworthy, but she didn't listen to what her heart and gut was telling her about the man she loved, and she cost them three long years.  That was like a pain in my gut. I hate wasted potential, you know?  What I love is Jared still loved her so much, and waited for her.  He could have moved on physically and emotionally, and who would blame him? But he doesn't.  That makes me sigh.

So, yeah, I was a bit annoyed at Perdita, and even more, the person who engineered the destruction of her brief marriage to Jared.  I have to take points off for that. But Jared, oh my darling, I add points for you.

So I end up with a 3.5/5.0 star book.  *Sighs some more about Jared.*



View all my reviews

No comments: