Thursday, January 24, 2013

A Spanish Birthright by Cathy Williams

A Spanish Birthright (Presents Extra)A Spanish Birthright by Cathy Williams

My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars


After reading my last HP, this one pales in comparison. However, it's a good book. 

Some of my thoughts:

*I could totally understand why Alex was unhappy with Gabriel's lying to her about his identity.  It's probably a 'duh' comment, but I truly hate when people lie to you.  It's usually unnecessary.  And it makes a future relationship based on trust very difficult. So, I could see Alex's insecurity in her relationship with Gabriel, although I didn't like it.  I felt her struggle not to be 'weak' in her feelings for him.  It's hard when you fall head over heels, and you can't be rational about it. I got that, loud and clear. I did like that she fought that insecurity and worked on hanging onto her sense of identity. I didn't agree with every decision she made. But in the light of their relationship, they made sense.
*Gabriel is a hero who's arrogant, but not to the point of it being a chokepoint to me.  He even admits that he's arrogant, and I like that he comes down off his high horse and works to meet Alex halfway. I also liked that he was man enough to appreciate a woman like Alex who 'keeps it real'.  She isn't into makeup, girly clothes, or glamming it up, but Alex loves her for who she is. His only thing is that she doesn't wear tight clothes because he's possessive over her. I'm all for a guy who doesn't try to change a woman to fit his unrealistic view of his perfect woman. Alex was his perfect woman as is.  Works for me!
*Luke is present in the book, which is good. I think it's such a waste to have a book about parents and you never see the kids. You could see how having a child changed your life in the dynamic with Alex and her son, and how Gabriel had to get up to speed with having a child.

Yeah, I have to say that I'd probably have rated this higher if I hadn't read the book I just finished right before it. That one just blew me away, so in comparison, this one is going to be in the 3.5 star range.  A good book that I enjoyed.  I liked a lot more than I didn't like, and that's always a good thing.





View all my reviews

No comments: