Monday, March 14, 2016

Desert Prince, Blackmailed Bride by Kim Lawrence

Desert Prince, Blackmailed BrideDesert Prince, Blackmailed Bride by Kim Lawrence
My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

This was deeper than I expected. I liked that both leads weren't exactly what they seemed. Gabby is tough and independent if not a bit reckless in her pursuit of justice. Rafiq was thoughtful and not the playboy I expected, not that he was celibate, but he wasn't promiscuous either. I didn't expect the reason why Rafiq was trying to marry Gabby to his brother. I'm glad he eventually realized how inappropriate his intentions really were. There was a dark aspect to this story, but the fact that things get resolved so easily kind of short-circuited the pathos that this story had. I think my favorite part was that Gabby was older and mature and not a young girl easily manipulated by Rafiq. It still wasn't my favorite by this author though.

Overall rating: 3.5/5.0 stars.



View all my reviews

No comments: