Sunday, January 24, 2016

Stone Angel (The Chosen Ones, #4.5)Stone Angel by Christina Dodd
My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

I feel kind of bad giving this less than four stars since I normally love this author and this series has really come into its own. However, the writing wasn't up to snuff in my opinion. I think it felt too thin and maybe a little silly at times. That is really harsh of me, but there you have it.

I love British and Irish heroes, but Liam felt a little too much like a caricature instead of a fleshed out hero. Amanda was fine. The idea of the Other who could turn people into living statues, now that was pretty brilliant, and so was Liam's ability. Also the message about love and sacrifice. I also enjoyed revisiting the Chosen Ones, most of whom are happily married. Aleksander is AWOL, and Charisma is worried about him. Pretty soon, I'll read Wilder and find out what happens there. Looking forward to it.

Overall, pretty good short read, but also disappointing in comparison to others by the author. It's not up to the same caliber of writing for Ms. Dodd. I think the short format was a factor.

Overall rating; 3.5/5.0 stars.

View all my reviews

No comments: