Wednesday, January 21, 2015

All Star Western, Volume 5: Man out of Time by Jimmy Palmiotti, Justin Gray , Moritat (Illustrations)

All Star Western, Vol. 5: Man out of TimeAll Star Western, Vol. 5: Man out of Time by Jimmy Palmiotti
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I enjoy the heck out of the All Star Western/Jonah Hex graphic novels. Hex is such a character. Not at all a Boy Scout, but he dives into to the fray to defend those who need defending. It sure was interesting to see Hex as a fish out of water in the present. He's not a man to fall in with authority just because, which becomes, well, problematic. However, Hex gets on his feet fast, with the help with a young woman with a taste for older rough and tumble bad boys.

The sex and violence are pretty prominent, but it's not as skeevy as one might think. I also liked how not one story is alike in this volume, but the story arcs have plenty of surprises and twists and turns. I was not expecting what happens in the last story at all. There are lots of cool cameos in this. I never thought I'd see Hex and The Man of Steel in the same comic, but I did!

I am hoping this isn't the last volume.

What will I do if it is? Noooooooooo!!!!

View all my reviews

No comments: