Friday, December 06, 2013

Cinderella, Rumpelstiltskin and Other Stories by Charles Perrault and Brothers Grimm

Cinderella, Rumpelstiltskin and Other StoriesCinderella, Rumpelstiltskin and Other Stories by Charles Perrault

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


This is another very late review that I am posting.  I don't have much to say about this audiobook except that it was rather mundane.  I didn't care much for the narrator.  She didn't give the stories the vivacity that I would have hoped for. As such, the stories felt rather boring. I was starting to question that my love for fairy tales had waned. Thankfully, I have also been reading the Fables series by Bill Willingham, and that series has shown me that I love fairy tales just as much as I ever did. It's just a matter of execution.

I don't think I would pick this one up if I had kids.  Most likely, the narrator's voice would not keep their interest.  She didn't keep mine.  It might put them off the magnificent timeless gems of the stories within. We can't have that.

This book is just so-so!



View all my reviews

No comments: