Saturday, January 07, 2012

Marley- The Other Christmas Carol by Donald Allen Kirch

Marley- The Other Christmas CarolMarley- The Other Christmas Carol by Donald Allen Kirch

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I wish I'd had time to read this during the past Christmas season, because it would be perfect to get a reader into the mood, and to reinforce the deep meanings of this beloved holiday.

Mr. Kirch is on point with the meaning of A Christmas Carol in this novella, and he lovingly does homage to it, while he takes the story forward in time to a family that very much needs to be reminded about the importance of family and love.

For a while, I was quite worried. I cried bitter tears, but I kept hope alive in my heart that Marley would do his magic to help little Kathy, a young girl with two bickering parents who often forget she's around. Kathy, Marley, and Tobias make this story, while parents Dan and Beverly make for some frustrating moments. But one of the most important truths of Christmas holds true here, that love is a miracle. A light that can enter into the darkest abyss, and its miraculous ability to change a human heart will ultimately triumph over the most hopeless of situations.

I enjoyed this story very much, and I recommend it to readers who love A Christmas Carol, and readers who like modern gothics and horror that bring to mind the classics in these genres.

Thanks to Donald Allen Kirch for the opportunity to read Marley-The Other Christmas Carol.





View all my reviews

2 comments:

Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer said...

I read Jacob T. Marley this past December and loved it..I am glad you enjoyed this rendition. Great review :)

Danielle said...

Thanks, Kimba!