Sunday, July 03, 2011

Heart on Fire by Charlotte Lamb

Heart on Fire (Harlequin Presents, #1467)Heart on Fire by Charlotte Lamb

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This book is nothing flashy or showy. It's just well written and a good love story. Most of all, I loved Claudia. She was feisty and tough, and sweet, and determined. She didn't let Ellis walk all over her. He had to do some serious pursuing to claim her heart, which is the name of the game for me. I liked Claudia's relationship with Ellis' father, Quentin, who was a very grumpy person. I liked that she was able to look past that, and see why he was so hard to deal with. Additionally, Claudia's gentle maneuverings help to heal a painful rift in the family between Ellis and his dad. And she did it in a classy way. Claudia was very down to earth, which I appreciate. I loved her "Rich people are crazy (although not in those words)" moment. One thing that bugged me was, did she ever get compensated for the overtime she put in working for Ellis at the beginning of the book? When you work for a living, you think of such things. One thing is for sure, she could have him up on a serious sexual harassment suit were this not Harlequin Presentslandia. I'd recommend this book to Harlequin Presents readers.



View all my reviews

No comments: