Tuesday, January 01, 2008

2007 Reading Survey

2007 Reading Survey
Well, another year is over, and I feel it was a great year in a number of ways. We are entering the ninth year of the new millennium! I started keeping up with what I read a few years back (starting in 2003 and so these are my results).



1. How many books did you read this year?
I read 206 books in 2007! An all time high I believe. Up 39 books from 2005.

2. What were the different genres of books and how many of each did you read?
Historicals:
Westerns:4
Medieval: 11
Medieval Scotland: 9
Paranormal historical: 10
Viking: 1
Regency: 61
Georgian: 6
Americana (late 19th century American but not westerns): 1
Antebellum: 1
Frontier: 1
Regency Anthology: 1
Contemporary:
Paranormal Anthology: 1
General Anthology: 2
Series: 49
Romantic Suspense: 1
Paranormal: 20
Other:
Urban fantasy: 3
Young Adult Fantasy: 1
Fantasy/Sci- Fi: 1
Horror Anthology: 1

3. What were the top ten books that you read this year?
A Hunger Like No Other by Kresley Cole
Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night by Kresley Cole

The Smoke Thief by Shana Abe

Ice Blue by Anne Stuart

Nightlife by Rob Thurman
Tinker by Wen Spencer
Knight of Darkness by Kinley MacGregor

If You Deceive by Kresley Cole
Claiming the Courtesan by Anna Campbell
Lover Awakened by JR Ward'

Aargh! That was terribly difficult.

4. Were there any books you did not like? Why?
There were none that I hated. I was annoyed a few because of stupid actions of characters. None of the books got less than a B+. I guess I don't finish books I don't like or don't read them if the story doesn't get my attention. Life is too short.

5. What is your top favorite book and why?
Ooh, hard. Nightlife was pretty darn awesome so I might go with that one. I love the Immortals After Dark series to death, no pun intended. Tinker was great also.

6. What are your reading goals for next year?
Reed more young adult fantasy and fantasy in general. Continue reading the heck out of urban fantasy and paranormals. I also want to read more contemporaries and non-romance.

7. Did you read any books out of your normal routine?
I read Artemis Fowl, a young adult fantasy and loved it. I am reading more and more paranormal. I love it.

8. Any new genres that you got into this year? What books got you into this type of reading?
I continue to be enamored with paranormal as I said above, and also urban fantasy. I also got into young adult fantasy.


Well I am glad that I was fortunate to read so many books and to find new authors that I love and like. Here's to more reading this year.

Happy New Year to all and sundry!

No comments: