Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Johnny Hiro: Half Asian, All Hero by Fred Chao

Johnny Hiro: Half Asian, All HeroJohnny Hiro: Half Asian, All Hero by Fred Chao
My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

This was a cute graphic novel. Lots of randomness and improbability. The hero is very ordinary, but he gets into the most extraordinary scrapes. At the heart, he's a guy in love with his girlfriend and wanting to make a good life for the both of them. He seems to look to hip hop artists for his life philosophy, which is quite interesting in itself. You aren't quite sure the whole time what is reality and what is dream/imagination. I suppose that's what makes it fun. The artwork is all black and white, but beautiful in its simplicity.

A random grab from my library graphic novel shelves, and a delightful find. I love to read books with Asian leads, and this is one I'd recommend if you want something different and off the beaten path.

Overall rating: 3.5/5.0 stars.

View all my reviews

No comments: