Sunday, January 24, 2016

The Punisher MAX, Vol. 1The Punisher MAX, Vol. 1 by Garth Ennis
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I really regret reading this. It was stomach-churningly violent and full of visual imagery I wish I hadn't seen. I definitely had a sick feeling in my stomach with the over the top violence. Not that most of the people who met bad ends weren't bad guys, but I'm not a big fan of that kind of gratuitous violence, which is why I usually avoid Tarantino and Verhoeven movies, not to mention most modern horror movies.

I won't say that Ennis doesn't get The Punisher. He probably does. I just don't like this presentation of him. Pretty much all the issues I had with the movie "Punisher: War Zone" I had with this book.

Thank God they toned down the violence a lot in the later runs of Punisher. Otherwise, I wouldn't be reading any more of these.

View all my reviews

No comments: