Monday, May 21, 2012

The Prospective Wife (Harlequin Presents)The Prospective Wife by Kim Lawrence
My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

This wasn't a bad book. It just didn't inspire any particular fire in me as I read it. I did like that the heroine was a physical therapist. That part resonates because I have been in PT recently. Also the hero recovering from physical injuries. I did find the interactions between Kat and Matt cute. I felt the reasons for them breaking up were a bit contrived, and their getting together seemed rather quick and not well-plotted. I really like reading this author, and I've read some very good books by her, so that's probably why this one didn't impress me that much. I think if this was a book by a new to me author, I would have thought it was good and made a note to read more by her. But in the case of being a long-time fan of this author, I think my expectations were higher than what this book delivered.

In the end, this was okay, but it didn't have enough HP zing factor. A pleasant weekend read, but not anything that hit my reading satiety centers.

Overall rating: 3.5/5.0 stars.



View all my reviews

No comments: