Monday, March 19, 2012

Winter Bride by Iris Johansen

Winter Bride (Loveswept, No. 522)Winter Bride by Iris Johansen

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Typical older Iris Johansen, which is nothing to sneeze about. I like her books. The tough hero and the vulnerable yet strong heroine. The intriguing connection between them. In this case, Jed is the son of the man who Ysabel was married to. Hey, don't get grossed out yet. It's all good. Ysabel is one of those virgin widow types. I wondered what drove Ysabel on to make such a desperate bargain with Jed, and Johansen sustains the suspense beautifully. When I found out, I was like, no wonder. Same with the reason why she was married to the Older Corbin.



The sensual parts are spicy as her books were for that time, and you feel the powerful tension between the Jed and Ysabel. So I can't really complain about anything.



Nothing spectacular, but I liked it a lot, so that's four stars.



View all my reviews

No comments: