Sunday, July 11, 2010

Love is Blind by Lynsay Sands

Love Is Blind (Leisure Historical Romance)Love Is Blind by Lynsay Sands

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I thought this was a cute book, and I enjoyed reading it. It's nice to read a romance where you actually like both the hero and the heroine. I could sympathize with their self-consciousness about their perceived flaws. Poor Clarissa thought she'd be rejected by her husband because she looked ugly in her spectacles. Poor Adrian thought his wife would be disgusted when she saw his scar. It takes some skill to handle this kind of storyline where the couple is keeping secrets from each other, and I think Ms. Sands did a great job here.

The mystery was good, but it didn't overtake the story, and it didn't compromise the sweet, cheerful tone of this story. She kept me guessing about who was the culprit behind Clarissa's 'accidents,' and I liked the resolution. Although I am into noir romance, I do like to read a sweet romance where there are lots of laughs, and the characters are people I would like in real life. Love is Blind is one of those stories. I really liked the end where Clarissa and Adrian confront their insecurities and confirm their love for each other, 'flaws' and all. It was an 'aww' moment for me. I'm glad I pulled this out of my tbr pile for my Slightly More Challenging Challenge. It wasn't too fluffy or silly for me to enjoy, and I do have a low threshold for that kind of story, if I'm not in the mood for it. If you read Love is Blind, go into it with an open mind, and a willingness to enjoy a lighter, sweet read with good characters. I did. But then, I'm a sucker for scarred heroes, sweet heroines, books that make me laugh, and likeable characters. It also helped that I am near-sighted myself. Here's to the four-eyed folks out there!

View all my reviews >>

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Thanks.