October Reading Goals
Okay, every year around this time, I break out the scary books to read. Since I am an anthology/short story freak, I will definitely be reading at least one (hopefully more) of those. Also I am aiming to read some young adult horror. Most likely I will sneak in some paranormal romance, and because I crave variety, I'll be reading some non-horror/Halloween-oriented books.
Here are some of the books I will try to read in the Month of October:
1. Dark Delicacies III Haunted Edited by Del Howison & Jeff Gelb
2. Lord Loss (Book 1 in the Demonata Series) by Darren Shan
3. The Devouring by Simon Holt
4. Uncle Montague's Tales of Terror by Chris Priestley
5. Working for the Devil by Lilith Saintcrow
6. Dracula by Bram Stoker
And I will finish Face in the Frost by John Bellairs, which is actually fantasy, but it's got a high creep factor so far.
I may also sneak in a couple of stories from The Mammoth Book of Modern Ghost Stories Edited by Peter Haining
I will post my reviews as I go (of course I have to read Covet by JR Ward, which I don't think is going to be scary, but it's got fallen angels, demons, and black magic. :)