Saturday, November 08, 2008

Dark Desires After Dusk by Kresley Cole


I thoroughly enjoyed this book. As a matter of fact, it went by too fast. I had been captivated with Cade since Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night, and I was holding my breath for his book. But the wait was richly rewarded. Holly is a perfect heroine for him. She brings out the protective side in Cade, but also the playful side. And if anyone needs to live a little, it's Holly. I loved the whole plotline and found it wildly romantic. This book was also a good action book with scenes that show that Holly is a powerful woman in her own right. I just adore Cade, even more then I did before. He is sexy beyond belief, and very funny also. I loved his devotion to Holly, and how he challenged her but cared for her at the same time. It was great to see Holly come into the woman she was meant to be. She learns that it is a good thing to trust one's instincts as well as one's intellect. She also learns to acknowledge her sensual nature, and what better teacher than Cade. Cade and Holly had some serious chemistry, but there was also a deep emotional connection. This book just further increased my love of this series. With each book, I more eagerly await more books in the Immortals After Dark series. Kresley Cole's imagination is incredible, teamed with some excellent research. So I end by saying, take this ride wild, but you might want a cold drink and a fan while you read it.

No comments: