Friday, May 22, 2020

Dragon Bound (Elder Races, #1)Dragon Bound by Thea Harrison
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Reread on Audible done in May 2020:

I was inspired to do a reread since I finished Serpent's Kiss and absolutely loved it. This book was as fantastic as I remembered it to be. It's strange to look back at a book nine years later. Some things struck me different, but I still really love this book. This time around, Dragos didn't seem as edgy as he did the first time. I guess it's because the edgy hero is fully in vogue now. I love Pia's sass and her tendency to talk to herself. The world-building is really excellent, and I can see why it was such a firm foundation for such a long series. I have rekindled my paranormal romance love and I'm off and running.

Thoughts on the Audible version (free with Audible Escape): I enjoyed Sophie Eastlake's narration immensely. She is very good at voicing the various characters down to their specific timbre and cadence. I loved how she voiced Dragos (he definitely seems like an ancient, bossy, grumpy, sexy dragon). I would recommend checking it out.

No comments: