Saturday, January 28, 2017

Alias: Jessica Jones, Volume 2: Going Home

Alias, Vol. 2: Come HomeAlias, Vol. 2: Come Home by Brian Michael Bendis
My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

This volume is very dialogue heavy. Such a different sort of Marvel title. Really not any action. Lots of social commentary that is very timely. I can understand 100% Jessica's disgust at the pastor who was rehearsing a speech that is despicable, and he truly believes in. Ugh. Yeah, that's definitely a pet peeve of mine, so I was feeling Jessica. Jessica goes to small town America to help find a missing girl. The trail reveals a rot in the small town and gives Jessica one more thing to be disillusioned about. Not that Jessica needs that. Oh and she goes on a date with Scott Lang. You can see a lot of the creators' worldview in this, but I think things that need to be said and addressed are done in such a way without being preachy.

Overall rating: 3.5/5.0 stars.

View all my reviews

No comments: