Sunday, October 25, 2015

Baltimore, Vol 4: Chapel of Bones by Mike Mignola, Christopher Golden (Goodreads Author), Ben Stenbeck (Illustrations), Dave Stewart (Illustrations)

Baltimore, Vol 4: Chapel of BonesBaltimore, Vol 4: Chapel of Bones by Mike Mignola
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This series definitely takes me to that classic horror mood that I enjoy. To me, classic horror is the best horror there is. The modern-style stuff doesn't do it for me. I think Mignola and I have a meeting of minds on that. It's evident in his work. Baltimore is a man on a mission, and nothing will divert him from it. There are revelations about Baltimore and this story takes us full circle as it revisits a crucial scene from Baltimore, or, The Steadfast Tin Soldier and the Vampire. Again, it's an opportunity to see Baltimore through the eyes of others, and to try to understand his motivations. These books are very dark, but very fascinating. The artwork is excellent, even with the limited color palette.

View all my reviews

No comments: