Sunday, March 01, 2015

Injustice: Gods Among Us, Vol. 1 by Tom Taylor, Jheremy Raapack (Illustrations), Various (Illustrations)

Injustice: Gods Among Us, Vol. 1Injustice: Gods Among Us, Vol. 1 by Tom    Taylor

My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars


What could drive Superman to commit the ultimate act--murder?

Injustice deals in a very frank manner with that question.  It was quite terrifying to see Superman go over the edge. He doesn't go to the extreme of Plutonian in Irredeemable, Vol. 1, but he goes to dark places that it's uncomfortable to see, and his actions divide the Justice League as a result.  I have to say that Wonder Woman was a bit scary in this book.  Out of all of the characters, I think that Batman stays true to form.

I haven't played the game, so I can't say how closely the storyline mirrors the videogame. I wonder if they didn't beef up the backstory based on a basic premise in the videogame.  It makes for a good graphic novel, but don't look for the characters to stay as true to their typical ethoses in the canon storyline. That's not what we get here.

I liked the cameo by Harley Quinn, although I still don't get why she's so in love with the Joker.  Her teasing of Green Arrow was pretty funny, I must say.

If you can get this from your library, it's worth a read.

Overall rating: 3.5/5.0 stars.




View all my reviews

No comments: