Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Secret Avengers, Vol. 2: Iliad by Nick Spencer (Text), Butch Guice (Illustrations)

Secret Avengers, Vol. 2: IliadSecret Avengers, Vol. 2: Iliad by Nick Spencer
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Gosh, I find this series incomprehensible. I don't know if it's just me or if it's the script not being that well-written. I don't mind a few twists and turns in a storyline, but there are so many that this book doesn't make much sense to me. I don't think this is a good choice for people who are new to the Avengers comics diving in. I would probably try to track down some older Avengers titles instead of this. There is a lot of assumed knowledge that I feel I only have picked up because of random Marvel title reading I've been doing this year. Other aspects slip over my head and I have to rely on the Marvel Wikia to get more information.

I would give this barely three stars.

This is a preliminary review. I may revise it over time.

View all my reviews

No comments: